What's Happening?

4.10.13

Farewell Ridge Forrester: His Last Episode on The Bold Tonight on SABC 3


Tonigth at 6pm on SABC 3, we say goodbye to easily the most famous soapie heartthrob, Ridge Forrester. Here's a brief synopsis on what to expect from the episode on The Bold and the Beautiful tonight

"Thomas gives a touching toast at Brooke and Ridge’s wedding reception that make many of the guests question their own love lives and the decisions they’ve made. Bill stands back and watches with pleasure as sparks fly between Liam and Steffy. Caroline has her claws out and ready to use in order save her relationship with Thomas.  A surprising revelation is made just as the festivities come to a close."

Ronn Moss has been the soap opera for 25 years and it's incredible that he's lasted so long on it. Check TV Snitch on Sunday for what this means for The Bold and also which cast members were affected by Moss leaving the show. 

To find out more about his reasons for leaving, here's an excerpt from an interview he did with Entertainment Weekly's Inside TV

There were reports that your departure had to do with salary issues. Is that true?
It had to do with everything involved with it, everything combined.
So, to be clear, money was a piece of the puzzle?
Yes, a piece of the whole thing, and it all showed me I need to move forward, not backwards, and I’ve been doing this for 25 years. How many shows — how many jobs — last that long? I felt that I needed to go in this new direction to give myself the chance to do all the creative things that I haven’t had a chance to do in 25 years, because I’ve dedicated so much of my life to this. That’s what I want the fans to hear, how dedicated I am to them. I wouldn’t have done it all this time if I wasn’t dedicated. It’s not just a job! I could do lots of other jobs. I had music, I had lots of other acting things.
Why did you choose to stay on the soap that long then?
Because I loved this family that we have. This show is owned by one family. That in itself is very unique, and I loved and love [deceased B&B creator] Bill Bell and [his wife] Lee Bell, who looked at me 25 years ago and said, “This is that thing that we want.” They believed in me, and I have never stopped thanking Bill and Lee, and I will never stop thanking them for giving me that opportunity. So it was that family thing, it was the steadiness, it was the growing and being able to cultivate it, to build it myself. I had such a big hand in cultivating that character. I wasn’t filling somebody else’s spot. That made it uniquely mine. I was able to grow, and it was like living two different lives. I lived Ronn Moss, and I lived Ridge simultaneously, just going along. What an amazing, odd thing to do. What a journey!
How was that last day on set?
That last day was very strange. It was strange with everybody because most everybody was in, and everybody was trying to hold it together. I was desperately trying to hold it together. We’re all on that stage, and we’re all raw, and we’re all right on that edge of stuff — because of the job we do. Katherine Kelly Lang, most of all, that’s who I was probably most concerned with because she’s the love of my life in more ways that just the show. She’s been with me through thick and thin — we’ve been with each other for so long that that’s the longest-running relationship that I’ve ever had. We literally had to stand in front of each other and just pretend that we weren’t there. We couldn’t look each other in the eye. We were trying to be professional, but it was hard to be professional. She starts rehearsal on the first scene and falls apart. Then I see another girl fall apart. It’s everything we can do to keep it together. It was one of the most emotional days we’ve ever had.
How did you feel about Ridge’s send-off on the show?
There wasn’t really a send-off. It was left up in the air, which one side of me goes, That’s very unresolved. And the other side goes, I love that it was unresolved. I love that we just go off.
For the full interview click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment