What's Happening?

10.10.13

Interviews with SA's Got Talent Top 18

This past Sunday, we ran an interview with four of the Top 18 on this season's SA's Got Talent. Here are the full interviews with the remaining acts on the show:



Gerrard Quevauvilliers, Ventriloquist.

How long have you been working on your talent?
I have been practicing the skill for about a year on and off.
What do you think makes your talent different from the other finalists?
It is hard to say, everyone’s talent is special in its own way. I am hoping that being a young ventriloquist in South Africa can be something different.
What do you think your chances to win the competition are?
Another tough question. It depends on what South Africa is looking for.
Who do you think is your biggest competition on the show?
Justin and Nadia have been blessed with amazing talent.
Auditioning for the judges – were you scared that they wouldn’t like your performance?
I have not really thought about it when I went on stage.
What did you think of the judges’ reaction to your performance?
It was humbling to see them appreciating my performance.
Which of the judges’ comments has given you the best advice that has helped you to go forward in the competition?
I appreciated Mr. Von Memerty advising me to interact more with Charlie.
Why do you think you are the best talent to win the competition?
I am grateful for the talent that God has given me, I appreciate the fact that people can enjoy it, but South Africa has so much amazing talent, I dare not even think I am the best.
If you win, what are you going to do with the prize money?
If I win I would like to give 10% of my winnings to my church for missions. I would also like to buy another ventriloquist dummy. I would like to buy my brother a car. The rest I would like to save for future studies.







Siyabonga Swelindawo,  Bambino Juggler

How long have you been working on your talent?
I have been in the circus for 13 years. I left Zip Zap Circus last year and I’m  now studying and a freelance juggler.
What do you think makes your talent different from the other finalists?
My act is different because it's juggling and it's not easy, there are lot's of throws and lots of catches that's what makes it hard, is that every throw needs to be perfect for the next trick. And much focus is needed.
What do you think your chances to win the competition are?
I can't say much because I have seen impressive acts and they really great acts so it is tough competition.
Auditioning for the judges – were you scared that they wouldn’t like your performance?
I was really nervous and shaking, because I never did competition before. Also was scared of being buzzed before doing everything that I juggled at the auditions.
What did you think of the judges’ reaction to your performance?
I was so happy and so excited with their reaction, they all enjoyed my performance.
Which of the judges’ comments has given you the best advice that has helped you to go forward in the competition?
Ian said that's what you call juggling and that made me smile and Kabelo said, if you didn't drop you were gonna blow this place and Shadow she said great choice of music the salsa song. So all of comments lifted me to do better on the next stage.
Why do you think you are the best talent to win the competition?
Well, I don't think I'm the best. But I will give whatever it takes to win the competition.
If you win, what are you going to do with the prize money?
I will invest some of it,  buy a car and pay off a Nedbank loan that we took at my house to renovate the house.



Luzuko Namba, Dubstep Dancer

How long have you been working on your talent?
I've been working on this dubstep dancing talent since last year June but have been dancing since the age of 5 years.
What do you think makes your talent different from the other finalists?
It's very unique and rare so I’m very different from the other dancers as well.
There are many people who are looking forward to seeing what I will do on the next round and more people are interested in my act because I am the only one the show who is doing it.
What do you think your chances to win the competition are?
I haven't seen anyone who might be a competition to me.
Auditioning for the judges – were you scared that they wouldn’t like your performance?
When I knew I was going to audition for the judges I was very exited but on my audition day I was very scared because I knew it'd was going to show on TV but the minute I stepped on stage, I wasn't scared at all.
What did you think of the judges’ reaction to your performance?
I loved the reaction of the judges towards my performance because all three of them were smiling and they gave me positive comments after performing.
Which of the judges’ comments has given you the best advice that has helped you to go forward in the competition?
Kabelo's comment which was that I have to polish and work on my ending.
Why do you think you are the best talent to win the competition?
I think I’m the best talent to win the competition because I really love what I do and I always surprise the audience.
If you win, what are you going to do with the prize money?
If I were to win, I would get myself equipment I would need or even build a dance studio where I would go rehearse everyday with other dancers and also teach other kids how to dubstep dance.


 Cindy-Ann Abrahams,  Opera singer

How long have you been working on your talent?
I started singing opera when I was in grade 10. But I’ve always been singing though but just like school choir and so forth.
What do you think makes your talent different from the other finalists?
Opera is different all on its own, its music in one of its purest forms….back when we had no studio’s to re-record and auto-tune, it’s a really difficult technique…that’s what makes it so beautiful. And that’s why it’s different.
What do you think your chances to win the competition are?
At this point I think it could go anyway im just grateful for the opportunity and i will do my better than my best to go all the way
Who do you think is your biggest competition on the show?
Everyone, you have got to be good to have made it this far, I wouldn’t single out any act I think they are all amazing.
Auditioning for the judges – were you scared that they wouldn’t like your performance?
I was so scared, all I remember thinking was breathe, I was beyond nervous.
What did you think of the judges’ reaction to your performance?
I was blown away and totally humbled at their responses
Which of the judges’ comments has given you the best advice that has helped you to go forward in the competition?
Every single judge helped me, Ian and Kabelo helped me boost my confidence in fact when I walked on stage Ian said, what a beautiful smile, he made my year. Shado was my absolute favourite though, we cried together it was so overwhelming, still the best experiences of my life.
Why do you think you are the best talent to win the competition?
I’m not the type of person who will say, I’m the one to beat, what I will say is, I won’t give up, I will work hard and I know I’ve got what it takes to make South Africa proud.
If you win, what are you going to do with the prize money?
Pay my debts and continue my studies.


 Tune in for the second semi-final tonight on e.tv at 8.30pm 

No comments:

Post a Comment