What's Happening?

17.10.13

Sinazo Yolwa and Amanda du Pont replace Pearl Thusi on RGB


South Africa's current over exposed celebrity, Pearl Thusi, is leaving SABC 1's RGB to focus on her other work. 

According to a press release, Pearl is leaving the show and presenter, Sinazo Yolwa and actress, Amanda du Pont are replacing her and will co-host with Phat Joe. 

Pearl has been with RGB since early last year, where she replaced Brenda Ngxoli. She is currently an actress on Isidingo and will also be the presenter of the advertiser funded, Tropika Island of Treasure reality show. 

“We are definitely sad to see Pearl leave RGB. She is a great talent with many exciting opportunities that lie ahead for her. We and our viewers are going to miss her, but we are continuing to work with her on other projects, so the future is most certainly looking bright,” commented Dichaba Phalatse, SABC1 portfolio marketing manager: Entertainment.

Pearl said: “I absolutely loved my time on RGB. I have had an incredible journey and everyone at the show has been amazingly supportive with my decision to move on. I am not saying goodbye, just see you soon. I have so many great things going on at the moment that I had to make a tough decision on what to focus on. I feel that I’m leaving a stronger and better show."


Sinazo, who is currently hosting So You Think You Can Dance, is excellent for this show. She's also on The Link, where her witty voice over make the show that more interesting. She'd be perfect for the show.


Amanda is an interesting addition and we wonder if she'll be able to be as witty as Sinazo and Phat Joe. I don't know whether her addition is necessary, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Au revoir Pearl. You were likeable on RGB and we wish you well in your endeavour to be a class actress on Isidingo and a great presenter on Live Amp. 

Pearl's final episode in on November 9, 2013. 

PICS: here, here and here




No comments:

Post a Comment