What's Happening?

8.1.14

'Girls' on magazine covers

Jemima Kirke, Lena Dunham, Allison Williams and Zosia Mamet at the Girls season 3 NYC premiere
So while we are on about Girls, here's something that's very interesting: The third season of Girls is about to begin and the promo for the series is hectic. Five magazines have some of the cast members of the show on their covers and it's not just in the USA alone. 


Allison Williams who plays Marnie, is on the covers of US Elle, UK InStyle, Spanish Glamour and Mexico Glamour. It's a pity about the hectic photoshopping in the InStyle cover. Allison is beautiful and certainly doesn't need to be photoshopped. 
Here's what she said to the magazines (Instyle and Elle)

Elle: 
On where she wants her career to go:
“I want to play a villain. I want to play a romantic heroine. I want to play someone who’s on heroin. There’s nothing I don’t want to do. I want to play a guy at some point. I’ll gain 100 pounds, I’ll cut my hair off, I’ll do whatever. I’m not precious about any of it.”

Instyle: 
On defending Lena Dunham: 
“When we first met, I felt like I’d known her forever — it was weird. I’m very protective; it’s in my wiring. My rule is, ‘if it isn’t bugging Lena then it’s fine with me.”
On the success & backlash of Girls: 
“[The praise] was like a tidal wave and I knew at some point it would all have to come washing back the other way, that there was going to be an equal and opposite reaction.”


Her co-star, Zosia Mamet is on the cover of Asos and has an editorial in the US InStyle magazine. Here's what she said to the magazines:

Asos:
On what’s it like to work on one of the most-hyped shows in the universe? 
“I love every single aspect of being on the show…I have the most fun job in the world. And Lena [Dunham] – I don’t know if I’ve worked with someone who has so much responsibility but is so calm. She is just one of the coolest, most collected humans I’ve ever met…that’s an incredible example to learn from.”

InStyle: 
On her character, Shoshanna's stle"
"Shoshanna’s style is, I think, the exact opposite of mine. We are intrinsically opposite human beings. Her’s is very specific. There’s a lot of pink. I think she likes something tailored. I don’t think Shoshanna would ever wear a shift dress. I think she would refer to it as a “sack” probably; whereas my favorite dress is a dress that my boyfriend calls the “sack dress,” that I would live in if I could. I don’t know where she gets her hairstyles from, but they come from somewhere. It’s like an amalgamation of every fashion mag ever, and probably some from Japan.
“Something I love about Shoshanna is how unabashed she is. She puts her foot in her mouth all the time, but she doesn’t apologize for it. She’s very worried about what other people think, but she still really does her own thing.”

There's nothing from Jemima Kirke and Lena Dunham (yet). However there's rumours that Lena might be on US Vogue, which would explain why she's not on the cover of any of the other glossies. It is weird that Allison is on the Elle cover, in a special Women In TV issue, which is also covered by Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling and Zoeey Deschanel, who either have created their shows or they write or direct some of the episodes. Lena would've been the perfect candidate. 



No comments:

Post a Comment