What's Happening?

18.2.14

Greta Gerwig: How I Met Your Dad's Mom


So it's official. CBS is going ahead with the spin-off of the How I Met Your Mother, How I Met Your Dad. The comedy series, which is expected to TX in September. How I Met Your Mother is coming to an end this season.

Greta Gerwig has been cast as the mother in How I Met Your Dad. The actress, who's previous work includes, Frances Ha, Lola Versus, To Rome with Love and Damsels in Distress will play Sally in the CBS comedy and will also  be credited as a producer on the show and most likely one of the writers if the pilot gets picked up. 

Sally is described as: "a female Peter Pan who never has grown up and has no idea where she's going in life. She just has figured out that she has nothing in common with her husband of less than a year. A breakup is inevitable, but Sally will find a solid circle of support in her friends and family, who often are too willing to give "good" advice that can backfire badly. Meanwhile, Sally must filter out the input and decide what's best for her." 

I don't know if it will work, simply because the producers and the channel is clearly riding on the coattails of How I Met Your Mother's success. A spin off show about Barney Stinson would have worked. Creating a whole new show with a similar premise to the the original is just odd and for Greta's sake, I hope it works. She's a talented actress and writer and was nominated for a Golden Globe for her role in Frances Ha. 

I will be on the look out for the pilot episode, but I don't really have hope. However, this is CBS and they've commissioned worse shows before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment