What's Happening?

4.4.14

Breaking: Bruce Forsyth Quits Strictly Come Dancing


In shocking breaking news, Strictly Come Dancing co-presenter, Bruce Forsyth, has stepped down as host of the show. He has been on it for a decade. The popular dance competition is screened on BBC Entertainment in South Africa. 

@BBCBreaking confirmed the news just a few minutes ago. 

Earlier this week, there were reports from various UK media about whether Bruce was retiring. The 86 year old apparently was in meetings with BBC bosses about whether he will stay on in the show.

The UK's Mirror had a story about Bruce meeting with the BBC One bosses earlier this week.

Sir Bruce, who co-hosts Strictly with Tess Daly, 44, will hold talks with BBC One Controller Charlotte Moore. He revealed: “I’ve got a meeting booked in with her and we’ll talk about it.”
Earlier this month she strongly hinted this could be Sir Bruce’s final year when she said: “He is not young and has missed a couple of programmes.
"So it is really important to have that conversation.”
Sir Bruce has been on Strictly since its 2004 launch, and has admitted he struggled with the show’s gruelling schedule. He said last year: “The constant week-after-week can drag you down, especially when you are getting older.” He has faced calls to retire after missing some shows last year and repeatedly struggling with the autocue.
Before the last series, it was agreed he could miss three of the live Saturday shows. He was also forced to pull out of another weekend in October due to flu. But Sir Bruce , who is married to former Miss World Wilnelia Merced, 56, is tired of rumours he is ready to waltz off for good. He said: “If somebody kept saying to you, “When are you going to retire?’ wouldn’t it drive you mad?”
So that's that then? Poor Tess Daly now has to get used to a new co-host. Who do you think will replace Bruce? Peter Andre? Is he classy enough for it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment