What's Happening?

1.9.14

We catch up with Disney Channel star Martina Stoessel on the season of #Violetta



The second season of the worldwide phenomena, the tele-novella Violetta, is back. Violetta and her friends are reunited once again at Studio 21. After discovering her passion for music and finding her place in the world, Violetta now faces new challenges and viewers will see a more upbeat and confident Violetta.

Martina Stoessel never anticipated the runaway success Violetta would become. Being a foreign language music teen series  in a predominantly English market could hardly guarantee a second season. But here Violetta is, back on Disney screens for a whole new musical season.

“I’m having the time of my life filming the show and I can’t believe it’s so successful. We never imagined Violetta would be as popular as this, but it’s an amazing feeling to know that people all over the world are enjoying it. I’m living the dream!” said the young star.

What do you enjoy the most about playing Violetta?
I feel incredibly lucky that the first character I get to play on television is somebody like Violetta. It’s great because she’s such an interesting person. I’ve learned loads from playing her! Violetta is the kind of girl who is very sensitive and she does anything she can to help people, including characters that are unpleasant to her. Violetta is always kind, which is exactly how I like to be in real life.
What else have you learned from playing Violetta? 
I've also learned to be really grateful for my family because Violetta doesn’t have many family members around her. I’m very close to my family and I love them to bits, so I feel very lucky in that respect. 
What’s been the highlight of working on the show? 
I’m so lucky that I've been able to travel around the world with the show. We’ve visited a lot of different countries, including a recent trip to Italy, Spain and France. To see the fans from all around the world enjoying the show is completely unreal but very, very cool. The fans are awesome! 
Have you seen the show in different countries? 
The show is dubbed into loads of different languages around the world, which is really exciting. I got to meet the girl who voices Violetta in Italy recently, which was funny. I love having new experiences, so it was really cool to meet her – and to meet the Italian fans. 
Which do you prefer: singing, dancing or acting?
Singing. Definitely! I didn't even pause to think about it. I just love it! What I absolutely love the most is being able to act and dance a song – to perform it with feeling and emotion. You know when you’re acting out the words on stage and really feeling the story of the song? That’s what I love to do. I love to put a lot of energy into a song so that its story really comes across. 
How much fun are you having with the second season? 
I’m having loads of fun. The first season was very fulfilling – but the second season is even more enjoyable because we’re like a big family on the set of Violetta. It’s exciting, especially now that I know everyone in the cast and crew 
What’s new in Season Two? 
As the show continues, the character of Violetta has really grown – and that means I have a lot more fun playing her. I’m growing as an actress as Violetta grows on screen, so it’s really exciting for me. 
What secrets can you spill from upcoming story lines? 
As far as the story is concerned, a new character called Diego turns up in Season Two. Diego becomes a really important person to Violetta in the story. She’s never met anybody quite like Diego before, so she finds that very appealing. 
What other gossip can you share? 
Fans are going to love the rest of Season Two because there are even more great songs, as well as lots of comedy and fun. There are loads of amazing new costumes and there are lots of new music videos, too. 

How tough are the dance routines on the show?
I absolutely love dancing, but it can be tough when you’re tired and you’ve got to learn a whole new dance routine. Luckily, we’ve got a great dance team to help out. If there’s a dance step I can’t quite get the hang of, they will stay with me until I get it right. 

Catch Violetta on Disney Channel, weekdays at 4.10pm

This article first appeared on the August 31, 2014 in the Sunday Tribune Smtv

No comments:

Post a Comment